Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wednesday adventures

Today was yet another interesting day in my life as a SAHW.

I got up this morning and gave my blog a "face lift." I'm all about some bright and spring-y colors!

I went to the hospital for them to "read" my PPD test. I wish I could have just called in and told them "No, there's no raised surface, I think I'm in the clear. No TB here." But instead, I drove the 20ish minutes to have the lady rub her finger over my arm and say "You just have a little bruise, you must be delicate." I know she meant that my skin was delicate, and not me as a person, but her comment definitely made me chuckle. She also handed me the results of my blood test...nothing really exciting except that I have high cholesterol. This isn't new news, and I can blame it on 1) my lack of exercise and 2) genetics. Since one of those two factors is modifiable, I guess I should get on it!

After that I went to WalMart. This is my second trip in one week. I'm trying to festively decorate our house for spring (in hopes of willing warmer weather to hang around) and was on the hunt for fake lemons and limes to put as a centerpiece on the breakfast table. I got some cute little place mats during my first WalMart adventure this week, and found the lemons, but no limes. WalMart #2 and still no limes. Bummer. I'm going to have to have a little talk with that Sam Walton. I kept the lemons and after putting them in the bowl, decided that they make the yellow in the place mats "pop" a bit. I like it - very bright and cheerful.

Nolan took today off so we could spend some time together, and we spent a few hours working outside. I'm good when the sun is out and shining on my back, but when the clouds roll in and the wind picks up, my butt gets inside - I was good for about an hour and a half! We actually rented a 14-foot long yard waste bin from our garbage company to dump, well, yard wastes. Nolan has spent a lot of time pruning bushes here lately trying to get our yard into some sort of order, and this option was much more convenient than us having to load up and haul truck loads of stuff to the landfill. It's a flat fee for us to keep it for 7 business days and whenever we're ready for them to pick up the bin, we just give them a call. Nice. We cleaned out a weed garden today and plan to make that our "bird habitat" so we can watch the birds like old people. Actually we are just going to put mulch down where the weed bed was for something that's a little less high maintenance. (And have a birdbath, bird feeder, and suet feeder!) The people who first owned our house obviously had a grand vision about what they wanted the yard to look like, but we just can't seem to see that same vision. I'm pretty sure they would be quite upset if they saw our "handiwork," considering the amount of money they spent on landscaping. EEK!

Today was pretty low key, and enjoyable. I've got a "big day" tomorrow...I'll have to blog about that later! Happy Hump Day, Y'all!

1 comment: