Tuesday, February 9, 2010

rain, rain, go away...

Hello fellow bloggers! What is with the incessantly terrible weather??? I'm tired of rain (although I bought some really cute rain boots at Target the other day...), cold temperatures, and "wintery mixes." I seriously think that I have a mild case of self-diagnosed S.A.D (seasonal affective disorder). All I want to do is stay under my warm heated blanket all day long because I have negative amounts of motivation! Oh Spring, how I long for you - I am in desperate need of some Vitamin D!

So it looks like again, I must apologize for the lack of blogging here lately. And you know what's sad is that I don't even have a legit reason as to why I haven't posted anything except for the mere and simple fact that life has FINALLY slowed down for us (nearly 3 months after marriage...3 MONTHS?? REALLY?? ALREADY??) and I don't feel as though there has really been anything that people would want to read about! However after talking with a great friend last night she asked for a "life update"...so here we go...

In recent fun news, I went with my sweet friend/ex-roomie Emily to the Eric Church/Jason Aldean concert a few weeks ago. I hate saying "ex" because of the negative connotations that it brings to mind, and to be honest we never really shared a room, but I guess that's what it is since we don't live together anymore! ANYWYAYS...I love concerts and I love country music - no matter how many times I try to stray from it! She works for an advertising agency that has box seats in our local concert venue, so as long as the clients don't want tickets (and thankfully they never do!) and she puts dibs on them early, we get to go to lots of fun concerts...FREE! Who can pass that up, I mean, really? This concert brought out the BEST in SC/NC (please insert sarcastic voice here) and I don't think I've ever been among so many true-to-the-core rednecks in.my.life. It definitely made for a very interesting evening! Alcohol sure can make people act funny! :) Next up...Brad Paisley the first week of March - YES! I really do LOVE him!

Other fun news is that Nolan and I went to see WICKED last Friday night! This was part of my Christmas present from him this year...and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! The show was INCREDIBLE! I was somewhat nervous about our seats being two rows from the top in the balcony, but someone quickly reminded me that "as long as you can see that one character is green, you'll be ok.." So true. :) I love musicals, whether it be a play or a movie, and am glad that we are able to enjoy such events. If you ever have the opportunity to see this...GO! I promise you will LOVE IT too!!

My most recent and "emotional" news (that I alluded to in an earlier post) is that I have accepted a new job! :) For those of you who talk to me regularly, you have heard my complaints, frustrations and disappointments of my current job and though I won't dare blog about them...it was simply time. I know some of you are probably thinking "But Ashley, you've only been at your current job ~8 months" and yes, this is a true statement. But there are simply times in life when an opportunity presents itself that you just can't sit and let it pass you by, as it may never come back around. And in my case, I would forever be wondering "what if?" So after some soul-searching, praying and lots of talk with those much wiser than myself, I have found what I think is an open door of endless opportunity. The potential for both professional and personal growth is practically limitless, and I'm very much looking forward to everything that is in front of me. I'll still be doing pediatric physical therapy (because I can't really see myself doing anything else) and am looking forward to learning and growing and continuously being challenged. In all of these regards, I am very EXCITED! (I'm purposely not posting many details in the blog about the new job, but will be happy to discuss them with any curious mind in a less public atmosphere!)

I say this is emotional news because I really think I've experienced EVERY emotion possible over the past month, and I thank Jesus for giving my sweet husband the patience to listen to me talk about this matter and think of every possible scenario to no end!

As everyone knows, change is SCARY! I had a few nights of restless sleep thinking about turning in my resignation letter and was SO relieved to get that part over with on Monday! Everyone seems to be handling things well at work and aren't treating me any differently, which was a fear I harbored. Also, I'm finally "comfortable" in my job. I go to work every day, and there are never really any surprises. I generally know what to expect from my patients (though sometimes they change it up on me) and I know how to write up evaluations, progress notes and daily summaries to the company standards. I know my co-workers and how we function together. All of these things will change with the new job, and I'll be meeting new people and forming new relationships, stepping out of my comfort zone and learning an entirely new routine. As Nolan always tells me when I'm about to be around people I don't know is..."It's time to put on your extrovert hat!" (Random fact: during premarital counseling I answered 10 personality questions as 9 introvert and 1 extrovert)

Change in this case, is also somewhat SAD. Although I've only been with these kids and their families for a short time, it's hard to leave them because they have already made a lasting impact on my heart. There is a bond that is formed between a therapist and their patients, and you really do become an integral part of their family life. I think I dread telling the parents that I'm leaving more than I dreaded turning in my notice...*sigh* There will be new families and new kids at my new job, and I'm sure that I will fall in love with each of them as well, but never replacing or forgetting the others.

So that's the latest! As spring draws near, there will (hopefully) be more to post on such as house renovations and projects galore. My ambition and goal for the week is to post more frequently so that those of you who are diligent and loyal blog readers will not be disappointed - again!!! HUGS!!!

4 comments:

  1. I needed the life update and expect more info on the job change asap. :) Glad it's a positive thing though.

    BTW, I totally could have told you that you were an extrovert.

    AND, while the real snow is pretty, I'm ready for warmer (and sunnier) weather too. I don't own a jacket that zips up over my growing Jackson Ford. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lot of news to share Mrs. Peevy...we need to talk about this job thing! As you know I was in a similar boat not too long ago and understand why you say it is emotional! Telling the parents is pretty difficult, but not too much worse than turning in the resignation letter! Anyways, maybe we can chat soon because I wanna hear about your new opportunities :). I am glad to hear you are doing well! I miss you friend! Tell Nolan we said hey!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update, friend! Glad things are going so well!
    Time really does fly, doesn't it? Your 3 months will be 3 years will be 3 decades before you know it... enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete